Rehearsal and Performance Venues
Rehearsals and performances are held in Greenwall Auditorium of the VAPA building at Bennington College, and rehearsals are for full orchestra unless otherwise noted. The standard rehearsal start time for the 2013-14 season will be 5:45 PM with an end time of 8:30 PM. Location or time may be need to be changed based on unanticipated conflicts with the College's activities, so please check this site or our Facebook page regularly.
Players should bring a music stand.
Old rehearsal schedules may be available by contacting the webmaster via email. Reheasal schedules for the 2011-12 season are available in two .PDF's: Click here for the rehearsal schedule for Fall 2011 (Nov 13 Concert), and click here for the schedule for the winter/spring 2012 performances. Click here for the schedule for the spring 2013 performances.
Rehearsals 2013-14 Season
Below are the rehearsal dates and times for the remainder of the 2013-2014 season. Please recheck this page before rehearsals start again in January. While the performance details are reliable, we could have rehearsal changes due to activities at Bennington College.
The combined rehearsal schedule for the May 18 Sage City performance and the April 18 performance of the Henry Brant work is available as a Word document for download - click here.
Rehearsals for Summer Concert on June 29 2014
Following are the rehearsals for the post-season summer concert at the North Bennington Village School on Sunday, June 29 at 4pm, presented with players from the Music Company Orchestra based in the Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake area of New York.
- Monday June 21 at 7pm at the Burnt Hills-Ballson Lake High School in Ballston NY
- Saturday June 28 from 2pm to 5pm at the North Bennington Village School
- Sunday June 29 - Dress rehearsal at noon at the North Bennington Village School. Lunch will be served between the dress rehearsal and the performance
Henry Brant Performance Friday April 18 2014
- Tempo markings for Brant revision 4/13/2014
- Letter "A" (no change) quarter = 104 (half = 52) Letter "1A" (no change) quarter = 104 (half = 52); Letter "2A" (no change) quarter = 104 (half = 52); Letter "3A" (change) half =60 (not quarter =60 - twice as fast as we rehearsed it); Letter "4A" (no change) quarter = 104 (half = 52); Letter "5A" (change) half =60 (not quarter =60 - twice as fast as we rehearsed it); Letter "6A" (no change) quarter = 104 (half = 52); Letter "7A" (change) half =60 (not quarter =60 - twice as fast as we rehearsed it)
- Sunday Mar 30, 4:15 - 5:30pm, Strings only
- Sunday Apr 6, 5:00-5:30pm, Winds only - 1flt, 1ob, 1 cl, 1bn, 1 hn, glock
- Sunday Apr 13, 4:45pm Brant (strings, wind quintet, glockenspeil, piano, timp.)
- Added as of April 13! Warm up at 7pm in Greenwall
- Friday Apr 18, 7pm warm-up followed by CONCERT at 9pm in Greenwall Auditorium
Sage City Symphony Spring Concert: May 18 2014
- Program: Allen Shawn Concerto for Cello, Maxine Neuman, soloist and Edward Elgar, Enigma Variations, Opus 36, Gabrielli Sonata Pian' e Forte
- Instrumentation for Gabrielli - 3 flts, 2 clar, 2 ob, 2 bsn, 2 hrn, 2 tpt, 1 tbn, 1 tuba, 1 contra-bsn
- Note one hour earlier rehearsal times on May 4 and May 17 (dress rehearsal)
- Sunday Mar 23, 5:45-8:30 pm Strings Only, Snacks 1st violins and violas
- Schedule: 5:45 Elgar, 7:00 break, 7:15 Shawn
- Sunday Mar 30, 5:45-8:30 pm, SNACK NOTE: Originally set for 2nd violins, cellos, brass. But the split rehearsal might complicate things. Will adjust snack schedule as needed for upcoming weeks.
- Schedule: 5:45 Shawn (Tutti w. soloist), 7:00 break, 7:15 Elgar (winds and brass) only
- Sunday Apr 6, 5:45-8:30 pm, Snacks brass, winds, double bass and percussion
- Schedule: 5:45 Elgar, 7:00 break, 7:15 Shawn (no soloist), 8:00 Gabrielli Sonata Pian' e Forte
- Sunday Apr 13, 5:45-8:30 pm, Snacks first and second violins
- Schedule: 5:45 Shawn (w. soloist), 7:00 break, 7:15 Elgar
- April 20 is Easter
- Sunday Apr 27, 5:45-8:30 pm, Snacks violas, cellos, bass and percussion
- Schedule: 5:45 Elgar, 7:00 break, 7:15 Shawn (with soloist)
- Sunday May 4, 4:30 - 7:30pm, Snacks winds and brass
- Schedule: 4:30 Elgar, 6:00 break, 6:15 Shawn (no soloist), 6:50 Gabrielli
- Sunday May 11, 5:45-8:30 pm, Snacks TBA
- Schedule: 5:45 Shawn (w. soloist), 7:00 break, 7:15 Elgar, 8:00 or 8:15 (TBD) Gabrielli
- Saturday May 17, Dress Rehearsal 4:30 - 7:30pm, Snacks All
- Schedule: 4:30 Gabrielli, 4:50 Elgar, 6:00 break, 6:15 - 7:30 Shawn (w. soloist)
- Sunday May 18, Sound Check at 2pm and performance at 4pm (Gabrielli, Shawn, Elgar)