Rehearsal and Performance Venues
Rehearsals and performances are held in Greenwall Auditorium of the VAPA building at Bennington College, and rehearsals are for full orchestra unless otherwise noted. The standard rehearsal start time for the 2013-14 season will be 5:45 PM with an end time of 8:30 PM. Location or time may be need to be changed based on unanticipated conflicts with the College's activities, so please check this site or our Facebook page regularly.
Players should bring a music stand.
Old rehearsal schedules may be available by contacting the webmaster via email. Reheasal schedules for the 2011-12 season are available in two .PDF's: Click here for the rehearsal schedule for Fall 2011 (Nov 13 Concert), and click here for the schedule for the winter/spring 2012 performances. Click here for the schedule for the spring 2013 performances.
Rehearsals 2013-14 Season
Below are the rehearsal dates and times for the remainder of the 2013-2014 season. Please recheck this page before rehearsals start again in January. While the performance details are reliable, we could have rehearsal changes due to activities at Bennington College.
Winter Concert: February 16 2014
- Program: Respighi Concerto a Cinque Opus 174, Stravinsky Pulcinella Suite and Beethoven Symphony No 1
- Sunday Jan 26, 5:45-8:30 pm, Snacks 1st violins, violas, bass
- Sunday Feb 2, 5:45-8:30 pm, Snacks 2nd violins, cellos, percussion
- Sunday Feb 9, 5:45-8:30 pm, Snacks winds and brass
- Saturday Feb 15, Dress Rehearsal 5:45-8:30 pm, Snacks All
- Sunday Feb 16, Sound Check at 2pm and performance at 4pm
Youth Concert: March 16 2014
- Young Composer's Program: Bennington College student composers and compositions by Sato Matsui (Williams College) and Tom Monkell (College of St Rose), Brahms' Academic Festival Overture
- Sunday Feb 23, 5:45-8:30 pm, Oops webmaster forgot to post snacks list timely. Whoever can...!
- Sunday Mar 2, 5:45-8:30 pm, , Snacks violins, violas, cellos, bass
- Sunday Mar 9, 5:45-8:30 pm, Snacks winds, brass, percussion
Remember, leap ahead Sunday at midnight Mar 9!
- Saturday Mar 15, Dress Rehearsal 5:45-8:30 pm, Snacks all
- Sunday Mar 16, Sound Check at 2pm and performance at 4pm
Spring Concert: May 18 2014
- Program: Allen Shawn Concerto for Cello, Maxine Neuman, soloist and Edward Elgar, Enigma Variations, Opus 36. Additions TBA.
- Sunday Mar 23, 5:45-8:30 pm
- Sunday Mar 30, 5:45-8:30 pm
- Sunday Apr 6, 5:45-8:30 pm
- Sunday Apr 13, 5:45-8:30 pm
- April 20 is Easter
- Sunday Apr 27, 5:45-8:30 pm
- Sunday May 4, 5:45-8:30 pm
- Sunday May 11, 5:45-8:30 pm
- Saturday May 17, Dress Rehearsal 5:45-8:30 pm
- Sunday May 18, Sound Check at 2pm and performance at 4pm